[comp.music] MIDI files for Roland MT-32

tlm1@ra.MsState.Edu (koobeton) (10/16/90)

Not too long ago I purchased a Roland MT-32, mainly for use with games and
such.  It is really great.  There is no comparison between it and the Adlib or
Soundblaster.  I have heard all three.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are any public domain MIDI files floating
around somewhere available for ftp.  I think they are *.MTS or *.MID files.

I've got a catalog of many popular songs in MIDI format, but the prices are
$19.95 per song.  That's a little much for me.

tlm1@ra.msstate.edu

ed@iitmax.IIT.EDU (Ed Federmeyer) (10/16/90)

In article <tlm1.656028492@ra> tlm1@ra.MsState.Edu (koobeton) writes:
>Anyway, does anyone know if there are any public domain MIDI files floating
>around somewhere available for ftp.  [for the MT-32]
>I think they are *.MTS or *.MID files.
>tlm1@ra.msstate.edu

There is an anonymous FTP site at cs.umr.edu that has an archive of MT-32
patches, and a little program for the IBM-PC to dump them via Roland MPU401
compatible MIDI interface.

There are also _tons_ of Cakewalk sequences on there, many (most?) of which
come set up for the MT-32.

(There are also Yamaha FB-01 patches there...)

Now, I have been trying in vain to get people to mail me copies of various
MT-32 patch editors for the IBM-PC.  I have gotten many promises..  But so
far noone has actually sent them to me or posted them on any anonymous FTP
site that I know of.  Please, if you are one of those fortunate few people
that seem to have seen MT-32 patch editors, please CONTACT ME!!!!  Or else
post them to one of the Midi Anonymous FTP sites, like ucsd.edu or
cs.umr.edu and let us know about it with a quick post to this newsgroup.

According to the informal poll last January of rec.music.synth
of how many people own which synths... the MT-32 was in the top 10...
This suggests to me that there are a _lot_ of people out there who would
welcome you as a hero for posting such a sorely needed software package!!!

Ed Federmeyer  (Internet: ed@iitmax.iit.edu)  (Bitnet: SYSED@IITVAX)
--
|  Ed Federmeyer                      |    Internet:  ed@iitMax.iit.edu      |