Date:    Tue, 06 Nov 90 10:58:00 -0500
From:    Frank Bounds <FLJ%EPAVAX.BITNET@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU>
To:      Peter Marvit <marvit@hplpm.hpl.hp.com>
Subject: Acoustic theory for construction of Violin Family Instruments

        I am interested in finding sources of information related to
        acoustic theory for the construction of stringed instruments.
        More specifically, information on the acoustic theory behind
        the construction of the violin family. I know that research
        has been conducted on the subject and that there are a variety
        of theories and myths. A friend mentioned that Scientific
        American published something several years ago but I have been
        unable to locate a copy of it. Please reply directly to me
        and if anyone else is interested I will be glad to summarize.

        If this is the wrong forum (i.e. List) then I apologize and would
        gracefully accept being pointed in the right direction.

        Frank Bounds            Bitnet:   FLJ@EPAVAX.BITNET
                                Internet: FLJ@EPAVAX.RTPNC.EPA.GOV

------- End of Forwarded Message