[comp.music] MIDI specification updates - where can I find them?

walkerd@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (David Walker) (10/25/90)

Can anyone tell me where I can ftp information from on the MIDI spec? I have
the 1.0 stuff from ucsd.edu, and I have a copy of the 1986 update, but there
are things missing from both that lead me to believe that there must be
something newer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Walker

resmgt04@spacm1.spac.spc.com (11/08/90)

In article <27264685.23914@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca>, walkerd@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (David Walker) writes:
> Can anyone tell me where I can ftp information from on the MIDI spec? I have
> the 1.0 stuff from ucsd.edu, and I have a copy of the 1986 update, but there
> are things missing from both that lead me to believe that there must be
> something newer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Dave Walker

Far as I know, son, what you want is the International MIDI Association.
This is basically Lachlan Westfall and his wife, but they are the
promulgators of the specs.

Address & phone (last I looked):

IMA
5316 W. 57th st.
L.A., CA  90056
(213)649-6434

--
Bill Robertson   "Lots of people can sing louder and longer than Elvis, too,
                  but who cares?"

walkerd@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (David Walker) (11/09/90)

Thanks to everyone who replied to this. It was a unanimous recommendation
to join the IMA, which I have done. A small price to pay to be current!

Dave