[comp.music] score editors

EDWARD.STAUFF@OFFICE.WANG.COM (Edward L. Stauff) (11/13/90)

Tony Garland was asking about score editors (music notation packages).  I
haven't seen anything public-domain, and I've been looking too.  Score and
Finale are supposed to do just about everything, so I expect they'll do
tablature as well.  They're expensive, though (around $700).  However, the
Note Processor can be used to do tablature, and it's only around $240. This
package also supports a "semi-standard format" called DARMS, which is ASCII
based.

-- Ed Stauff                                  Edward.Stauff@OFFICE.Wang.com

sdy@media-lab.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Shahrokh David Yadegari) (11/14/90)

In article <aw236r.96w@wang.com> EDWARD.STAUFF@OFFICE.WANG.COM (Edward L. Stauff) writes:
>Tony Garland was asking about score editors (music notation packages).  I
>haven't seen anything public-domain, and I've been looking too.  Score and
>Finale are supposed to do just about everything, so I expect they'll do
>tablature as well.  They're expensive, though (around $700).  However, the
>Note Processor can be used to do tablature, and it's only around $240. This
>package also supports a "semi-standard format" called DARMS, which is ASCII
>based.
>
>-- Ed Stauff                                  Edward.Stauff@OFFICE.Wang.com

What is DARMS?  Where can I get information about it?
I would appreciate any information on any other format also.

Thanks,
--sdy		(David Yadegari  617-253-7442  Media Lab, MIT)