[comp.music] Problem...Many tracks, same sound on all

jbjones@marlin.NOSC.MIL (John B. Jones) (12/10/90)

I have a problem.  I play a melody into a track on my sequencer, and
then switch to another track to play some harmony with another
sound patch.  When I do this and play the them both back, they are both
played back in  the last sound patch I chose--not as two different
instruments.
Does anyone know what is going on?  I have a Kawai K4 synthesizer and a
CMS 401 II card configured as a CMS101, running with the Prism
sequencing software.
Please help me if you can.

jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil-------------

jones@sdd.hp.com (Christopher Jones) (12/11/90)

In article <1670@marlin.NOSC.MIL> jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil.UUCP (John B. Jones) writes:
>I have a problem.  I play a melody into a track on my sequencer, and
>then switch to another track to play some harmony with another
>sound patch.  When I do this and play the them both back, they are both
>played back in  the last sound patch I chose--not as two different
>instruments.
>Does anyone know what is going on?  I have a Kawai K4 synthesizer and a
>CMS 401 II card configured as a CMS101, running with the Prism
>sequencing software.
>Please help me if you can.
>
>jbjones@marlin.nosc.mil-------------

Sounds like either of 3 things is happening:

	(1) you're in SINGLE mode and OMNI is on,

			or

	(2) you're in MULIT, but you didn't change the TRS channel
	    number for the second patch,

			or

	(3) you're in MULTI, but both patches have the same
	    RCV channel number.

Try changing one of these and see what happens.

/xtj