[comp.music] TT and NOTATOR

ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) (02/14/91)

Spoke with C-LAB about NOTATOR running on the TT.
Got a VERY negative response... "Don't get your hopes
up... there are not enough of them out there... etc".

I guess this explains why ATARI didn't display the
TT at the NAMM show in Annaheim CA.  There was ONE
TT running behind closed doors to be seen through a
window...

kevin
ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu

scale@abode.wciu.edu (Luis Outumuro) (02/14/91)

In article <16374@milton.u.washington.edu> ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) writes:

>I guess this explains why ATARI didn't display the
>TT at the NAMM show in Annaheim CA.  There was ONE
>TT running behind closed doors to be seen through a
>window...
>
>kevin

	Gee Kevin,
		I don't where you got your information about a TT not being
displayed at the NAMM show, but it is wrong.  I was one of Atari's volunteers
that setup the booth at the NAMM show and the TT was setup on a counter where
the public could get thier hands on it.  Atari did display the TT at the NAMM
show.  Just thought you should know.  Bye..............

					Luis
Luis Mark Outumuro III                |  "Well... you're damned if you do,
Computer Office Products 818/813-1051 |   and you're damned if you don't!"
Infoline                 818/813-1053 |         - Bart Simpson, 1990...

ramsiri@blake.u.washington.edu (Enartloc Nhoj) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb14.103342.732@abode.wciu.edu> scale@abode.wciu.edu (Luis Outumuro) writes:

>	Gee Kevin,
>		I don't where you got your information about a TT not being
>displayed at the NAMM show, but it is wrong.  I was one of Atari's volunteers
>that setup the booth at the NAMM show and the TT was setup on a counter where
>the public could get thier hands on it.  Atari did display the TT at the NAMM
>show.  Just thought you should know.  Bye..............
>
>					Luis

Thanks for re-informing me..
I got my information from reading the article
in last months ST INFORMER...

Now i have lost a little faith in that paper..
of course, i may have misread it..

QUOTING:  ST Informer- February 1991 Number 44
" I was quite surprised by the way
Atari promoted the new top-of-the-line
computer, the TT030....[stuff ommited]..
This year, Atari brought ONE TT030 and
stuck it in a room inthe exhibit accessible
only by appointment to enter the room
and actually use the TT, but we were able
to stand outside the window and watch it
run graphics demos."
    -by Jerry and John Davis

Guess it's back to remedial reading for me!

Anyway:
Tell me.. what music software was running on the
TT?  any good scoring packages?

There's a sizeable portion of musicians who are
are anxiously waiting for a DTP music package
that takes advantage of the processing speed and
resolution of the TT.

Thanks..

.