[comp.music] Anyone know Soundblaster's VOC format?

brabec@fourier.Princeton.EDU (Charles Brabec) (02/21/91)

The title says it all. I know that the files seem to have a 32-byte header
followed by sound data. What's the format of the header? And, how do I
tell when a second headder/data section has been added?

Thanks,
Charles
(brabec@pysgjb.ncsu.edu)

lewis@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Matthew Lewis) (02/22/91)

In article <6459@idunno.Princeton.EDU> brabec@fourier.Princeton.EDU () writes:
>The title says it all. I know that the files seem to have a 32-byte header
>followed by sound data. What's the format of the header? And, how do I
>tell when a second headder/data section has been added?

Send Creative Labs a letter asking for their "Sound Blaster Technical
Reference Manual"

It's about 30+ pages of memory addresses and file formats...

--

Matthew Lewis
lewis@graphics.cis.upenn.edu