Date: Fri,22 Feb 91 13:29:48 GMT
From: S.Arnold@uk.ac.glasgow.vme
Subject: Immediate vacancy
To: Music-Research@prg

Temporary position (3-4 months) to support technical and musical
aspects of the work of the Computer Music Studios at the University of
Glasgow, and to assist in the installation of a new Music Laboratory.

For full details, please contact:

Dr. Stephen Arnold,
Department of Music,
University of Glasgow,
14 University Gardens,
Glasgow G12 8QH

Telephone:  041 330 5509
email: s.arnold@uk.ac.glasgow.vme
FAX: 041 330 4808

A full-time permanent position may be advertised in due course.

------------------------------

Date: 20 Feb 91 05:27:14 GMT
From: "usc!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!uakari.primate.wisc.edu!dali.cs.montana.edu@uk.ac.oxford.prg>
Subject: NeXT scoring package
To: music-research@prg

Seems like all the effort is going into sampling and
CD production.  ANy "good" news about powerful
scoring program for the NeXT?

I would buy a station yesterday would there be one.

kevin
ramsiri@blake.acs.washington.edu

------------------------------

Date: 19 Feb 91 01:27:32 GMT
From: wkt%rodos2%ccadfa%manuel%munnari.oz.au%samsung%uakari.primate.wisc.edu%cae@uk.ac.oxford.prg>
Subject: Pre-processor for MuTeX, or a better music description?
To: music-research@prg

I've just got the music typesetter MuTeX running & it gives lovely
output. But the input language is awkward and too verbose. I was
thinking of writing a yacc/lex parser to translate my own language
(as yet undefined) to MuTeX. I'd like a music description language
that:
	- has the same (more?) features as MuTeX
	- is more pitch-independent
	- is not as verbose

Before I re-invent the wheel, has anybody done this sort of thing yet?

Thanks in advance,

        Warren Toomey VK1XWT, losing CPUs.
      Deep in the bowels of ADFA Comp Science.
`I'm a bit thingy at the moment' - Anaemic friend.

End of Music-Research Digest