[comp.music] CMIX Port - Help !

robz@runx.oz.au (Robert Zurynski) (03/04/91)

I hope this is the correct newsgroup, apologies if it isn't.

I'm trying to get CMIX ported to System V, and so far it's going pretty
well, but I'm having a problem with a function call "bcopy".

The compiler doesn't complain, but the linker spits the dummy.

Is anyone out there familiar enough with BSD and System V to be able to
offer any advice??

Thanks in advance,

robz.

rreid@DPW.COM (r l reid ) (03/06/91)

In article <1991Mar4.084717.5573@runx.oz.au> robz@runx.oz.au (Robert Zurynski) writes:

>I'm trying to get CMIX ported to System V, and so far it's going pretty
>well, but I'm having a problem with a function call "bcopy".
>
>The compiler doesn't complain, but the linker spits the dummy.

Hi Rob - try using memccpy() instead.

    bcopy(b1, b2, length)
     char *b1, *b2;
     int length;
 Bcopy copies length bytes from string b1 to the string b2.

    char *memccpy (s1, s2, c, n)
     char *s1, *s2;
     int c, n;
Memccpy copies characters from memory area    s2 into s1,
     stopping after the first occurrence of character c has been
     copied, or after n characters have been copied, whichever
     comes first.

Ro