[comp.music] Opcode editor/librarian for Proteus

goh@flash.bellcore.com (Gary Owen Haberman) (03/15/91)

Did you go into your control pannel and check the inactive button on Appletalk?
You didn't describe which Opcode interface you are using but I belive both the Printer and modem ports must be connected to the interface.

I've found the tech support at Opcode very responsive. You may want to contact Marc at 415-369-1676.
Hope this helps.

Gary Haberman.

mes@sequent.com (03/15/91)

In article <3114@esquire.dpw.com> weigel@DPW.COM (William Weigel) writes:

>     1.   Use of Printer Port.  I am running the editor on a Mac II with
>System 6.0.5, an Opcode MIDI connector box and the Proteus II.  Whenever I
>boot the editor, I get a message saying something to the effect that "The
>Printer Port is in use, probably by Apple MIDI Manager, and is therefore
>unavailable.  Use the MIDI Manager (or, in older systems, the Control
>Panel) to correct."

	I think you need to go to the chooser and disable whatever printer you are
	using.  I have the same problem when using both ports for midi channels,
	so what I do is always disable the printer first, and it then works ok.
	Since it is so irritating to remember to do it, I've set up macros to
	enable the printer again, and to disable it.