[comp.music] Finale Fonts

brownd@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu (David H. Brown) (03/25/91)

In article <7180014@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> mic@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Marc Clarke) writes:
>> / hpfcso:comp.music / dixon@twisto.compaq.com (Dixon Dick) /  8:38 am  Mar 21, 1991 /
>> I wonder if someone can tell me a couple of things about Finale:
>> [...]
>> 	- Can I use the Adobe Sonata font ?
>
>Yes.  It is supplied as part of the Finale package.

	Actually, Coda supplies two type one PostScript fonts for use with
the Mac (and, I assume, PC). But neither is Adobe's Sonata; both are
creations of Coda itself. Petrucci, the music character font, does follow the
character mapping set by Sonata. The other included font is Seville, a
comprehensive set of guitar chord fret diagrams and related symbols.

	Personally, I prefer Petrucci to Sonata, especially in its latest
(type 1) revision.

St. Olaf may or may not have nothing    | M M | M M M | M M | M M M | M M |
to do with the things I talk about.     | M M | M M M | M M | M M M | M M |
                                        | M M | M M M | M M | M M M | M M |
Dave Brown: brownd@agnes.acc.stolaf.edu | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |