[comp.music] Digital sound on an AdLib !!!!!!

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (03/26/91)

To everyone who has to live with an AdLib card:

on ux1.cso.uiuc.edu you can ftp a program, sput111.zip,
that can play digitized sounds on an Adlib card.
(Yes, AdLib, not Sound Blaster!)

It also supports the internal speaker, SB, etc,

It can play lots of digitized sound formats, it can speak text,
and it can play ROL files, and much more.

I haven't actually tried it, (I just downloaded it) but it looks
great!

Michael Schaap
msschaa@cs.vu.nl

jcc16609@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Joe Cwick) (04/02/91)

This program also works with the Sound Blaster as well as the Adlib.  I
believe it can also use the Covox hardware and the PC Honker (yuk).  It
plays MANY sound formats....It is well worth checking into if you have
one of these cards...

                                                         |    Joe Cwick
                This Space Intentionally                 |  Senior Engineer
                      Left Blank.                        |   University of

juanjo@turia.dit.upm.es (04/02/91)

> on ux1.cso.uiuc.edu you can ftp a program, sput111.zip,
> that can play digitized sounds on an Adlib card.
> (Yes, AdLib, not Sound Blaster!)
>
> It also supports the internal speaker, SB, etc,
>
> It can play lots of digitized sound formats, it can speak text,
> and it can play ROL files, and much more.
>
> I haven't actually tried it, (I just downloaded it) but it looks
> great!
>
> Michael Schaap
> msschaa@cs.vu.nl

   Does anybody know in which direcotory is that file (sput111.zip) located?.
I haven't been able to find it.

  Thanks in advance.

  Juan J.Valverde
  juanjo@dit.upm.es

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr02.100226.10494@dit.upm.es> juanjo@turia.dit.upm.es () writes:
>> on ux1.cso.uiuc.edu you can ftp a program, sput111.zip,
>> that can play digitized sounds on an Adlib card.
>
>   Does anybody know in which direcotory is that file (sput111.zip) located?.
>I haven't been able to find it.

site: ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
directory: /pc/exec-pc/new
file: sput111.zip

jrusso@sandstone.wpi.edu (Jeffrey K Russo) (04/05/91)

In article <9553@star.cs.vu.nl> msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) writes:

>site: ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
>directory: /pc/exec-pc/new
>file: sput111.zip

speaking of which...

  the doc file talks about some demonstration files that are supposed to
come with it. There AREN'T any included in the zip file I have. Does
anyone know if there is another file with the demos (that is, if they even
exist) in it?

		Jeff Russo	(jrusso@wpi.wpi.edu)
		Worcester Polytechnic Institute
		Worcester, MA  01609

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
 universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Calvin