[comp.music] Cubase information sought

choueiry@disuns2.epfl.ch (Berthe Yazid Choueiry) (04/17/91)

Hi,
I am posting this for a friend, so please send replies
to choueiry@liasun1.epfl.ch. I shall transmit. Thanks.

I am looking to buy a portable atari stacy (model 1 or 2)
in order to make use of cubase, but how does this stand
up to todays competition- I heard its still the best, is
this true ?
Is there something comparable available for the macintosh?

				Burton Lewis

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr17.165104@disuns2.epfl.ch> choueiry@disuns2.epfl.ch (Berthe Yazid Choueiry) writes:
>Hi,
>I am posting this for a friend, so please send replies
>to choueiry@liasun1.epfl.ch. I shall transmit. Thanks.
>
>I am looking to buy a portable atari stacy (model 1 or 2)
>in order to make use of cubase, but how does this stand
>up to todays competition- I heard its still the best, is
>this true ?

I think Cubase is still the best, 2.0 is absolutely great.
But C-Lab's Notator is quite close...

Remember, Cubase needs a lot of RAM and a harddisk is preferred!

>Is there something comparable available for the macintosh?

Sure is, but not really anything that could *clearly* beat Cubase.
And portable Mac + MIDI-software (the level you seek) may well cost
much more than Stacy + Cubase.

				Jartsu

*		Nothing yet, but I'll keep on scanning...		*