[comp.music] Anyone heard of these CD's?

aris@tabbs.UUCP (Aris Stathakis) (04/03/91)

I recently got a CD from a friend called "La Dimension Prochaine"(sp?)
by a guy called Serge Blenner.  This is some of the best synth music
i've ever heard, but I can't find any of his other CD's, or any other
music from the same label - Life Style.  It seems to be a European
label - more specifically, French.  If anyone else has heard of this
artist, or knows of any other CD's by this artist, or even on the
same record label, please send me some mail!

Another Record label which has struck my interest is 'THETA', which
seems to be a division of Polygram.  Can't find any of their stuff
in my local record shops.  But again, artists like Joan Biblioni,
Stephen Parsons, and Johannes Schmoelling (ex Tangerine Dream)
make it worth my while to find these CD's!

If anyone has any more info, please contact me.  Since I don't live
in the USA or Europe, it would be nice If someone could put me in
contact with some sort of mail-order venue that can send me more
of this kind of music.

Thanks Again.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris@tabbs.UUCP
- Rex Stardust, lead electric triangle with Towed the Wet Sprocket has had -

s37837k@saha.hut.fi (Jari Lehto) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr2.160928.6131@tabbs.UUCP> aris@tabbs.UUCP (Aris Stathakis) writes:
>I recently got a CD from a friend called "La Dimension Prochaine"(sp?)
>by a guy called Serge Blenner.  This is some of the best synth music
>i've ever heard, but I can't find any of his other CD's, or any other
>music from the same label - Life Style.  It seems to be a European
>label - more specifically, French.  If anyone else has heard of this
>artist, or knows of any other CD's by this artist, or even on the
>same record label, please send me some mail!

I have the two latest albums (CD) from Blenner, Equateur (1988) which
has been  said to be his best and Cosmos (1990) which does't quite reach
the level of Equateur, but is still quite good.
These are published by Sky Records, Germany

This LA DIMENSION PROCHAINE is the only one under Life Style.
And it is available as a CD only in USA/Canada. Worldwide distribution
was only LP. (sky LP 110)

		Serge Blenner * Discographie

	La Vogue				sky LP 042
	Magazin Frivole				sky LP 059
	Plaisir Ardent (digital/DMM)		sky LP 099
	La Dimension Prochaine (digital)	sky LP 110
         USA/Can. Life Style LP LSR 6001,
	 CD LSCD 3101, Cas. LST 6001
	 Brazil SBK Songs
	Les Architectes Du Temps (digital)	sky LP 121
	Musique Esthetique (DDD/Sampler)	sky CD 13001
	Equateur (digital/DDD)			sky LP 129
						sky CD 13006
	Cosmos (digital/DDD)			sky CD 13011

I have only seen those last three, and I have, as I earlier said, the
last two. Musique Esthetique will be a future one too...

>Another Record label which has struck my interest is 'THETA', which
>seems to be a division of Polygram.  Can't find any of their stuff
>in my local record shops.  But again, artists like Joan Biblioni,
>Stephen Parsons, and Johannes Schmoelling (ex Tangerine Dream)
>make it worth my while to find these CD's!

Complete strange to me...

>If anyone has any more info, please contact me.  Since I don't live
>in the USA or Europe, it would be nice If someone could put me in
>contact with some sort of mail-order venue that can send me more
>of this kind of music.

You should try to contact someone in Germany, which is the golden
country of digital/synthesized/new-age music.
I have been there only twice, but I have brought over 70 CD's from there...

				Jartsu
--
*		Nothing yet, but I'll keep on scanning...		*

P.S. You should check your mail-path, I tried to email this to you,
     but it bounced.
     Use the Reply-To: -field.