[comp.music] NeXT sequencers

mo6664@sarah.albany.edu (OTTO MARK A) (04/24/91)

Quick question,
    Is there or have there been any product announcements for MIDI
sequencers on the NeXT (products similar in capability to Vision,
MOTU Performer, etc) ?

mark a.otto
--------------
ottom@rpi.edu
mo6664@sarah.albany.edu

rivero@dev8a.mdcbbs.com (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr24.151341.4070@sarah.albany.edu>, mo6664@sarah.albany.edu (OTTO MARK A) writes:
> Quick question,
>     Is there or have there been any product announcements for MIDI
> sequencers on the NeXT (products similar in capability to Vision,
> MOTU Performer, etc) ?
>
> mark a.otto
> ottom@rpi.edu
> mo6664@sarah.albany.edu

Not quite yet, although with the very generous music system support already
built into the NeXT software, no doubt there will soon be several. I myself
am working on a full 3D animation system for the NeXT. Once that's out,
I may write a sequencer if I don't see one I like.

Michael