[comp.music] Seeking technical info. for MPU-401

stanw@zeus.unomaha.edu (04/19/91)

Can anyone point me at an FTP site that has documentation on the Roland
MPU 401 (or its other incarnations) and/or examples of coding (not music,
but code that accesses the board at the I/O port level)? I don't have
the technical reference manual...

Stan Wileman, stanw@zeus.unomaha.edu

6600bori@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Boris Burtin) (04/24/91)

In article <13037.280ebb86@zeus.unomaha.edu> stanw@zeus.unomaha.edu writes:

>Can anyone point me at an FTP site that has documentation on the Roland
>MPU 401 (or its other incarnations) and/or examples of coding (not music,
>but code that accesses the board at the I/O port level)? I don't have
>the technical reference manual...

ucsd.edu is the only site I've heard of that has ANYTHING at all on the
subject of MIDI.  Aside from that, I'd suggest buying a book, such as Jim
Conger's _C_Programming_for_MIDI_.  It gives you some assembly code for
accessing the interface, and C routines to link with them.

	- Boris Burtin

pirk@dev0.mdcbbs.com (04/25/91)

--
	I in-advertantly replied to this and then realised it would not post,
only send to the author.  I don't know of a ftp for midi, but if you need good

sp

.Steve Pirk.......midit.....Voice: (714) 952-5516.........................
..McDonnell Douglas M&E..Internet: pirk@dev0.mdcbbs.com...................
...5701 Katella Ave..........UUCP: uunet!mdcbbs!dev0.mdcbbs!pirk..........
....Cypress, CA. 90630........PSI: PSI%31060099980019::DEV0::PIRK.........
"The opinions expressed herein, are probably not those of MDC, and I'm not
 sure if I can even call them mine......."

eades@softcore.Eng.Sun.COM (Mark Eades) (05/02/91)

In article <13037.280ebb86@zeus.unomah.edu>, stanw@zeus.unomaha.edu
writes:
> Can anyone point me at an FTP site thah has documentation on the
> Roland MPU 401....

I don't know about FTP sites but there is a book by Jim Conger
called "C Programming for MIDI" that talks specifically about the
MPU 401. It's published by M & T Publishing, Inc.; 501 Galveston Drive;
Redwood City, CA  94963.

Mark Eades