[comp.music] Where do .ROL files come from?

enzerinkp@topaz.ucq.edu.au (05/04/91)

Like a lot of people out there I have an adlib compatible Sound Blaster card in
my IBM-PC. I have obtained heaps of sample files in the .ROL format. What I'd
like to know is how these files were created and whether any programs are
available via FTP.

Regards Peter

--
                 "Hello, Hello. What's going on here then?"
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

tracy@salamandria (Tracy Harton) (05/05/91)

enzerinkp@topaz.ucq.edu.au writes:

> Like a lot of people out there I have an adlib compatible Sound Blaster card
> my IBM-PC. I have obtained heaps of sample files in the .ROL format. What I'd
> like to know is how these files were created and whether any programs are
> available via FTP.

There are a few programs available that can create Adlib .ROL files.
The original was Adlib's "Visual Composer," a graphics-oriented editor
which comes with some Adlib cards.  Another alternative is Admuse, a
text-oriented .ROL "compiler."  There are also numerous conversion
programs allowing you to convert from another music format .ROL.  (Like
taking an old MIDI file and making it into a .ROL..)

Tracy