[comp.music] How to Program Adlib/SB.. soln

cs442a07@cs.iastate.edu (Sunny the Great) (04/22/91)

Hi, this is how we found out how to program
adlib.  (Forgive the small RH margin, but on
a 256 character wide terminal, its hard to
tell where 80 is ).

We ftp to wuarchive.wustl.edu, cd /mirrors/msdos/info
and get the file inter290.zip ??? .  This is like a
humongous file full of interrupt thingys.

Well, there it tells you a little bit about programmin
adlib.

So far we have the INIT, NOTEON, NOTEOFF working.

We are still trying to figure out how to change the
instrument.  It appears to be that LOAD WAVEFORM
doesnt change anything, but SET TIMBRE does change
a lot of stuff... unfortunately, trail and error makes
it die... it appears to take ES:BX pointing to a
6 byte array... anybody care to help us on that?

THe routines are in Turbo Pascal.... I may get to post
them if my instructor doesnt get on my case about that
file system deal.....

... which he already has

--
Sunjeev "Sunny" Gulati, student, Iowa State University
cs442a07@zippy.cs.iastate.edu

"I have nothing better to do than procrastinate" - Myself

c8902348@wombat.newcastle.edu.au (05/10/91)

In article <cs442a07.672289957@zippy>, cs442a07@cs.iastate.edu (Sunny the Great) writes:
> Hi, this is how we found out how to program
> adlib.  (Forgive the small RH margin, but on
> a 256 character wide terminal, its hard to
> tell where 80 is ).
>
> We ftp to wuarchive.wustl.edu, cd /mirrors/msdos/info
> and get the file inter290.zip ??? .  This is like a
> humongous file full of interrupt thingys.
>
> Well, there it tells you a little bit about programmin
> adlib.
>
> So far we have the INIT, NOTEON, NOTEOFF working.
>
> We are still trying to figure out how to change the
> instrument.  It appears to be that LOAD WAVEFORM
> doesnt change anything, but SET TIMBRE does change
> a lot of stuff... unfortunately, trail and error makes
> it die... it appears to take ES:BX pointing to a
> 6 byte array... anybody care to help us on that?
>
> THe routines are in Turbo Pascal.... I may get to post
> them if my instructor doesnt get on my case about that
> file system deal.....
>
> ... which he already has
>
> --
> Sunjeev "Sunny" Gulati, student, Iowa State University
> cs442a07@zippy.cs.iastate.edu
> taa65@ccvax.iastate.edu
> (515)-296-9537
>
> "I have nothing better to do than procrastinate" - Myself

I have some adlib programming libraries for Turbo Pascal that I have written if
you would like a copy .. They also do SoundBlaster stuff as well..

If you would like a copy, give me a yell..

Tony