[comp.music] PC Recommendations

pirk@dev0d.mdcbbs.com (05/14/91)

In article <10440006@hpfcdc.HP.COM>, gates@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bill Gates) writes:
> Hi.  Could you folks provide any recommendations for PCs which work
> particularly well with commercial sequencing software?  Also, it must be
> able to run lots of other software packages, too, as I would want that
> flexibility (paks like finance, games, investing, budgeting, etc.).

	Just about any of the IBM "clone" family will do.  My preference is
   leans toward the "AT" class machines.  The benefits are low cost and just
   about any vendors parts will work in it.  Also any sequencing software
   written for the PC will work.  Cakewalk and some others work well on the
   "AT" (and some XT's), but if you are thinking of MasterTracks I would
    suggest a '386 PC cause MasterTracks runs under Windows.

> So, if you've got a PC you really like and that seems to work really well
> with a wide range of off-the-shelf software paks, let me know.

	Again, almost any will do.  Shop around the stores in Ft. Collins,
    get the best prices, and go with the store that you feel most comfortable
    with.

> Thanks,
> Bill

	Steve

p.s. Does anybody know if Colorado State is still the only Pac Ten school
to sell beer at the football games?
--

.Steve Pirk.......midit.....Voice: (714) 952-5516.........................
..McDonnell Douglas M&E..Internet: pirk@dev0d.mdcbbs.com..................

Paul_Thompson@mindlink.bc.ca (Paul Thompson) (05/16/91)

Hi Bill: I'm interested in what response you get from this. I'm posting a
message about PC Midi applications asking what is really good out there in the
PC line. So please pass on any info you get. My idea is to to see what sort of
response PC users of synth music give. I'm looking at Mac, Atari and PC for
music applications and trying to get as many opinions as possible. Right now
I'm using an Amiga which is a nice machine but the big software music paks are
not there for it. Mac is a current local favorite but its pricey. So howzabout
a PC?
Good luck
Paul