Date: Wed, 15 May 1991 13:00:23 +0000
From: JHUMAIR@ch.unil.ula
Subject: Analysis of rhythmic performance
To: Music_Research_Request@prg

Dear Sir,

I graduated in musicology at Geneva university and I begin a doctoral
dissertation with Professor Etienne Darbellay.

My project is to write a computer program which analyses the differences
between human performance and theoretical version of rhythmic patterns.

I would be grateful to you if you may help me by sending me a list of
writings about analysis of rhythmic performance.

I remain yours respectfully

				Jean-Damien Humair

Avenue des Boveresses 65
1010 Lausanne
SWITZERLAND
e-Mail : JHUMAIR@ULA.UNIL.CH
FAX    : 21 692 42 45

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 03 May 91 11:30:04 MEZ
From: Schaffrath <JMP100@EARN.DE0HRZ1A>
Subject: MRD: Midi files toi MuTeX ...
To: Stephen Page <Stephen.Page@prg>

Some lines of the above mentioned message were truncated in the last
MRD issue, but I would like to let everyone know that we have some
experience in translating into MuTeX and do also want to write a
Midi-Standard-file translation in the second half of this year. If
someone else is faster, he should let us know!

------------------------------

Date: 5 May 91 19:12:17 GMT
From: misha%beguine@org.mcnc (Michael Gill)
Subject: software suggestions
To: music-research@prg

Can anyone recommend a software package for the MAC which can be
used for writing and printing out 4 part (SATB) choral music?
A lot of this will be chant form, so I need a program which does
not necessarily lock you into a fixed number of beats per
measure.  Also, I will need to insert foreign text.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------

Date: Wed,15 May 91 15:22:59 BST
From: S.Arnold@uk.ac.glasgow.vme
Subject: Vacancy for Computer Music Operator/Programmer
To: Music-Research@prg

University of Glasgow - Department of Music

Vacancy for a Computer Music Operator/Programmer

Applications are invited for the p[he above post inthe Department of Music,
University of Glasgow.  The popst involves maintaining and developing
professional audio, synthesis and computer systems and giving support
to a community of student, academic and professional users from home
and overseas, working in areas of teaching, composition and research.

The Department has extensive audio and computing facilities, including
a cluster of advanced NeXT workstations linked to general University
computer facilities via a campus-wide ethernet.  In addition, there are
two CDP workstations and a number of MIDI workstations running complex,
integrated MIDI software to control a wide variety of MIDI devices.

Among courses offered are an M.Mus in Computer Music and a B.Sc in
Electronics with Music, taught jointly with the Department of Electronics
and Electrical Engineering.

The successful applicant will have extensive experience in a variety of
compositional and other musical applications of computer technology,
an ability to operate and demonstrate music software and a familiarity
with good studio practice.  Knowledge of some or all of UNIX, C, cmusic,
carl and cmix would be particularly relevant.  He/she will have an
organized and disciplined approach aimed at supporting the Department's
academic and professional responsibilities and managing and maintaining
its technical resources.

Salary will be within the range 11937-13435 pounds sterling (currently
under review).  Performance-related additions may extend this scale.

Applications should include full details of educational experience and
qualifications, of employment history and of the names and addresses of
at least two people to whom reference may be made.  Applications should
be submitted to the Personnel Officer (Non-Academic), University of
Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland, UK, not later than 21 June,  1991,
quoting reference T/29.

Further particulars may be had by writing to the same address o, by
telephoning 041 339 8855, Ext. 5855, or by sending an email request
to s.arnold@uk.ac.glasgow.vme.

End of Music-Research Digest