[comp.music] TRAKBLASTER hangs up at 20Mhz ?

prak1@pttrnl.nl (05/16/91)

Can someone tell me wy TRAKBLASTER doesn't work on my 20Mhz AT ?

When it starts to play, the computer hangs up after a few seconds.
I have tried v1.4 and v2.0. and they both runs only in 12Mhz mode.
My default Sound Blaster interrupt setting is int7 with port 220h.

Frank van Beloois
prak1@pttrnl.nl

rbennett@loki.une.oz.au (Robert Bennetts) (05/17/91)

prak1@pttrnl.nl writes:

>Can someone tell me wy TRAKBLASTER doesn't work on my 20Mhz AT ?

>When it starts to play, the computer hangs up after a few seconds.
>I have tried v1.4 and v2.0. and they both runs only in 12Mhz mode.
>My default Sound Blaster interrupt setting is int7 with port 220h.

	Does it play anything at all?
	I had similar problems when I first got TRAKBLASTER, until I figured out that you have to put everything in the configuration, including the 'h' on the nd of the port address even tho it doesn't say it.
	I have a 25 Mhz 386, and found TRAKBLASTER to be a bit slow with some complicated .MOD files, and have now changed to JMPLAYER.
	If you can get that, it would probably fix all your troubles.
	I hope I have been of some assistance.

	Ross.
		rbennett@loki.une.oz.au

tracy@salamandria (Tracy Harton) (05/18/91)

prak1@pttrnl.nl writes:

> Can someone tell me wy TRAKBLASTER doesn't work on my 20Mhz AT ?
>
> When it starts to play, the computer hangs up after a few seconds.
> I have tried v1.4 and v2.0. and they both runs only in 12Mhz mode.
> My default Sound Blaster interrupt setting is int7 with port 220h.

   Hmm, I'm not sure what would cause that.  The earlier versions of TB
had the speed problem above 12Mhz, but that was fixed.  Both 1.4 and 2.0
run on my 33Mhz 386 without any trouble.  Make sure your copy your
ct-voice.drv file into the TB directory.  (You should be able to get the
one used by Voxkit preconfigured..)

Tracy

prak1@pttrnl.nl (05/21/91)

In article <kao621w164w@salamandria>, tracy@salamandria (Tracy Harton) writes:
> prak1@pttrnl.nl writes:
>
>> Can someone tell me wy TRAKBLASTER doesn't work on my 20Mhz AT ?
>>
>> When it starts to play, the computer hangs up after a few seconds.
>> I have tried v1.4 and v2.0. and they both runs only in 12Mhz mode.
>> My default Sound Blaster interrupt setting is int7 with port 220h.
>
>    Hmm, I'm not sure what would cause that.  The earlier versions of TB
> had the speed problem above 12Mhz, but that was fixed.  Both 1.4 and 2.0
> run on my 33Mhz 386 without any trouble.  Make sure your copy your
> ct-voice.drv file into the TB directory.  (You should be able to get the
> one used by Voxkit preconfigured..)
>
> Tracy

Tracy, can you give me your ftp adres, tracy@salamandria doesn't work ?

thanks in advanced,