[comp.music] Master Tracks Pro Windows 3 Compatible?

pti4378@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (IGOE, PT) (02/15/91)

I recently received a software catalog that purported to have only Windows
software.  However, on one page, Trax and Master Tracks Pro were listed.
Apicture was shown of Trax operating under Windows, but no screen shot was
shown of Master Tracks Pro.

To confuse me further, the blurb "with the ease of Windows", was thrown in to
the description.

So, is Master Tracks Pro now a Windows program?  The girl at the software house
couldn't tell me and didn't have a number for Passport.

- Pat

v097pba8@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Ken F Morton) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb15.124830.14225@isc.rit.edu>, pti4378@ritvax.isc.rit.edu (IGOE, PT) writes...

>So, is Master Tracks Pro now a Windows program?  The girl at the software house
>
>- Pat
	Yes, I've seen tha ad for it in EM, they've modded it to run with
windows.  Sounds pretty nice.

				Ken Morton
				v097pba8@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu

drdave@buhub.bradley.edu (David L. Vessell) (02/17/91)

>>So, is Master Tracks Pro now a Windows program?  The girl at the software house
>	Yes, I've seen tha ad for it in EM, they've modded it to run with
>windows.  Sounds pretty nice.

Could someone please post a capsulated summary of Master Tracks Pro, along
with the price of the Windows version?

Or e-mail me.
**dR.Dave**            ....making the world safe for intelligent dance music.
  David L. Vessell   Bradley Univ.  Peoria, IL   drdave@buhub.bradley.edu
           "Is there any escape....from noise?" --Negativland

rspangle@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Froot Loop) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb16.204318.28427@bradley.bradley.edu> drdave@buhub.bradley.edu (David L. Vessell) writes:
>>>So, is Master Tracks Pro now a Windows program?
>>	Yes, I've seen tha ad for it in EM, they've modded it to run with
>>windows.  Sounds pretty nice.

Well, here's the story on MT Pro and Windows, as best as I know.
(I have MT Pro 3.61)

It DOES run under Windows.  Has for the last two years, at least.  However,
it will only run under real-mode in Windows 3.0.  It IS a really neat
program.  I talked to Passport a few months ago, and they said that they
were working on a version that would run under 386-enhanced mode Windows.

I've been trying to call tech support there for the past week, and all I get
is their &()*% voice mail saying "gosh, I must be on another call."  If
I ever get through, I'll post a follow-up.  If anyone else wants to try,
Passport's number is:

	(415) 726-0280

Randy Spangler
rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu
|   Randy Spangler                   |   Get your mind out of the gutter   |
|   rspangle@jarthur.claremont.edu   |   you're blocking my periscope      |

knid%midiline.uucp@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov (Vermicious Knid) (05/29/91)

The new update for Master Tracks Pro is now shipping.  It is version 3.93
and runs under Windows in real, standard or enhanced mode, although in
enhanced on a 386, you must change the IRQ for your MIDI card from 2 to
something else, like 5 or 7, due to the fact that Windows in enhanced
mode redirects IRQ 2.  The update cost for current registered owners is
$10.00 for shipping and handling.