[comp.music] csound orchestra files

kalt@nmsu.edu (Kerry Alt) (03/19/91)

We just started experimenting with csound. Does anyone know if there
is a site where we could look at some orchestra files for "basic"
instrumental sounds, such as trombone, violin, etc?

Any pointers in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kerry
**  Kerry Alt at The Computer Operations Group **
**  kalt@nmsu.edu                              **
**  ph. 505/646-5318 (at COG)                  **
**          646-3645 (office)                  **
**          524-7247 (home)                    **

eczjr@clan.nott.ac.uk (John Richards) (03/23/91)

In article <838@opus.NMSU.Edu> kalt@nmsu.edu (Kerry Alt) writes:
>We just started experimenting with csound. Does anyone know if there
>is a site where we could look at some orchestra files for "basic"
>instrumental sounds, such as trombone, violin, etc?

What exactly is csound ? I've seen a lot of references to it but no description
of what it is. What hardware is required to run it where can it be got from etc.

If this is answered in a Frequently Answered Questions for comp.music couldd
someone tell me where it is.

Thanks muchly,

John.

John Richards                          | email :  eczjr@clan.nott.ac.uk
Dept. of Chemical Engineering          |       :  eczjr@mips.nott.ac.uk
Nottingham University                  | tel   :  (0602) 484848 x2956
Nottingham, NG7 2RD                    | fax   :  (0602) 790239

John Richards                          | email :  eczjr@clan.nott.ac.uk
Dept. of Chemical Engineering          |       :  ecxam@vax.nott.ac.uk
Nottingham University                  | tel   :  (0602) 484848 x2956
Nottingham, NG7 2RD                    | fax   :  (0602) 790239

johndu@pannet.UUCP (JOHNDU @ The PAN Network) (05/31/91)

ems.media.mit.edu is where csound and sample files are distributed. Incidentally

you figure out a good way for a person without academic Internet access to get
these files to a MAC, I'd like to know. I've been accessing them thru
BITFTP/Compuserve Email, which has resulted in me getting a bunch of uuencoded
files broken up into little subfiles, and I'm damned if I can get them all
decoded and put back together.