[comp.music] EPROM in the Roland D110

lee@pipe.cs.wisc.edu (Soo Lee) (06/03/91)

In article <KRISKU.91May24130144@supergirl.hut.fi> krisku@niksula.hut.fi (Kai Risku) writes:

>Quite recently I opened my Roland D110 and took a copy of the
>32 kbit EPROM inside. After I examined the contents of
>
> [much stuff deleted]
>
>I would like to hear any kind of comments to this.
>

>--
>   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  /     Kai Risku         / Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected.  /
> / krisku@niksula.hut.fi /                 -- Spock, stardate 2124.5        /

I believe, as a system designer's pointer of view, copying the EPROM is illegal
since it is a proprietary right of Roland system.

Soo	lee@cs.wisc.edu

koelman@issun3.stc.nl (Ton Koelman) (06/03/91)

In <KRISKU.91May24130144@supergirl.hut.fi> krisku@niksula.hut.fi (Kai Risku) writes:

>Quite recently I opened my Roland D110 and took a copy of the
>32 kbit EPROM inside. After I examined the contents of
>this EPROM, I was left with even more questions than before.
>Has anybody got anything to say about the following things?

>1) this EPROM seem to contain only the system software. I thought
>   I would find the preset tones there, but no; they are not there.
>   Where can I find the preset tones then? I'd like to replace them
>   with tones of my own.
>2) the EPROM is version 1.06. Are the newer versions out
>   there and what is the difference between them?
>3) according to some ASCII-texts, there seems to be a test mode
>   in the D110. Does anybody know how to invoke it?
>4) has anybody made some changes to the EPROM, and in that case
>   what can you actually do to the EPROM?
>5) uhhh... I think that's it.

>I would like to hear any kind of comments to this.

>--
>  /     Kai Risku         / Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected.  /
> / krisku@niksula.hut.fi /                 -- Spock, stardate 2124.5        /

The latest D110 ROM version is 1.17 and is definitely worth getting.
You can swap the EPROMs for free.

I'd like to know about undocumented features as well. Putting in
your own preset tones is pretty ambitious though....

Ton Koelman    koelman@stc.nl

-