[comp.music] Academic version of Finale

alves@calvin.usc.edu (William Alves) (06/11/91)

In article <1991Jun8.022349.24827@wam.umd.edu> haitien@wam.umd.edu (Hai-Tien Lee) writes:
>About a month ago, someone stated that there is an 'Academic' version of
>Finale. I went to our local music shops and they have never heard about this.
>Since I did not keep that mail so I can't ask the person who sent the mail.
>I am wondering is there anyone also paid attention on this?
>(note: s/he said the price of this special verion is around $250 which
>is about half the regular price)
>
>Richard

There is indeed an academic version of Finale. I just bought it for $250.
The only difference I could see was that the manuals came shrink-wrapped
instead of in a box. I called Coda about it and they gave me the name of
an area dealer. My dealer, too, had heard nothing about it, but they called
Coda and had it confirmed. My dealer still wouldn't keep it in stock, though,
I had to have it ordered, which took about a week. You have to provide some
proof that you are either a teacher or a student.

I'm sorry but I don't have Coda's 800 number (you may be able to get it
from toll-free information). Here is their customer support number:

(612)854-1288
Coda Music Software
1401 East 79th St.
Bloomington, MN 55425-1126