[comp.music] PC Notation S/W - Info Request

yse@minster.york.ac.uk (06/11/91)

Hi y'all.
I'm not a PC bod, so I thought I'd ask all you kindly netters (creep creep)...

My music teacher (a non-computer buff) is looking for PC notation S/W

Basically he is tired of writing out the same exercises and snipets of
score for all his pupils (I would imagine that `How much is that doggy in the
window' would get pretty irksome by the tenth time of writing!)

So a notation package which he can use as a score-database is what is
needed.  Time and key signatures are a must, additional free-text such as
fingering numbers and other tuition notes are highly desirable.
MIDI is not important.

His H/W - a bottom of the range PC-Compatible, mono with 2 floppies and a
          dot-matrix printer.

Any pointers?  Public Domain is preffered.  Commercial S/W is OK as long
as the price is not too high.

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

What noise annoys an oyster?                    yse@uk.ac.york.minster
A noisey noise annoys an oyster!

ttl@aura.cs.wisc.edu (Tony Laundrie) (06/12/91)

In article <676646992.7418@minster.york.ac.uk> yse@minster.york.ac.uk writes:

>My music teacher (a non-computer buff) is looking for PC notation S/W
>
>So a notation package which he can use as a score-database is what is
>needed.  Time and key signatures are a must, additional free-text such as
>fingering numbers and other tuition notes are highly desirable.
>MIDI is not important.
>
>His H/W - a bottom of the range PC-Compatible, mono with 2 floppies and a
>          dot-matrix printer.

"Laser Music Processor" is fine for this situation.

Available for $79 (+ shipping) from Leigh's Computers, 1-800-321-MIDI.

					ttl@cs.wisc.edu

epog6796@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Eric Peter Olson) (06/13/91)

>In article <676646992.7418@minster.york.ac.uk> yse@minster.york.ac.uk writes:
>>My music teacher (a non-computer buff) is looking for PC notation S/W
>>
>>So a notation package which he can use as a score-database is what is
>>needed.  Time and key signatures are a must, additional free-text such as
>>fingering numbers and other tuition notes are highly desirable.
>>MIDI is not important.
>>
>>His H/W - a bottom of the range PC-Compatible, mono with 2 floppies and a
>>          dot-matrix printer.

You might want to try the musician shareware (in the SB-Adlib directory
(players) at snake.mcs.kent.edu)  You need a SB (or Adlib?) to hear
what you entered, but you can see the notes, add text, and then laser/d.matrix
print it.    --- its shareware, try it free to see if you like it.

nimin@loanshark.cs.indiana.edu (min ni) (06/13/91)

	Hi, I happen to have such a PC software which is designed for
music score and strange sounds which you can input by your need. This
program can hold up to 1,000 tempo & melodies. If anybody is
interested send me a mail, I'll give you more details.

	Ni  Min