[comp.music] looking for music education software

dmnhieu@descartes.math.purdue.edu (Duy-Minh Nhieu) (06/10/91)

I am looking for softwares (either commercially available or public domain) that
teach music theory on a Mac or an IBM PC.  If you know some, please give me
suggestion.  Thanks.

rickb@seqp4.sequoia.com (Richard Breen) (06/20/91)

In digest <9106112033.AA06604@hplpm.hpl.hp.com> dmnhieu%descartes.math.purdue.edu%mentor.cc.purdue.edu%news.nd.edu%spool.m@uk.ac.oxford.prg>  writes:

>I am looking for softwares (either commercially available or public domain) that
>teach music theory on a Mac or an IBM PC.  If you know some, please give me
>suggestion.  Thanks.

I purchased a program called "Practica Musica" from "Ars Nova " (I think).
I got it from a MacWarehouse or MacConnection catalog.  It is real nice.
It runs on the Mac.  I'd recommend it for introductory level and maybe a
little into the intermediate level of Music Theory/Notation, etc.

I'm not at an expert level in Music, but this program is quite comprehensive
and well put together.

Rick Breen
Sequoia System, Inc.
(rickb@sequoia.com,  (508) 480-0800 x 1249)