[comp.music] Amiga Noistracker MODule files

davison@dec15.cs.monash.edu.au (06/17/91)

Hi folks ,

		Have just been introduced to a number of soundblaster programs
	which use .MOD files. As a result I am extremely interested in how
	these files are constructed. Does anyone have any information they
	can post on the tech. aspects of this format.
		My motivation is two-fold :
			(a) I would like to create and modify instrument samples
				which are used
			(b) I want to create music using these instruments.

		So, in summary, any info or references to software which performs
	such functions would be appreciated.

			Regards,

					A.D.   ( davison@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au)

s892031@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Pumpkin Power) (06/21/91)

davison@dec15.cs.monash.edu.au writes:

>Have just been introduced to a number of soundblaster programs
>which use .MOD files. As a result I am extremely interested in how
>these files are constructed. Does anyone have any information they
>can post on the tech. aspects of this format.
>My motivation is two-fold :
>	(a) I would like to create and modify instrument samples
>		which are used
>	(b) I want to create music using these instruments.
>
>So, in summary, any info or references to software which performs
>such functions would be appreciated.

Get hold of the ProTracker1.1B archive, found on most Amiga sites. It has
a few text files included which will tell you the module file format and
other related stuff. If you want to get the samples out of the modules
the easiest way would be to find an Amiga and just load the modules into
ProTracker and save out the samples. If you can't do that, you'll have to
examine the module file format, then try and work out where in the module
file the sample is. This is a bit more complex, you'll have to skip the
module header info, the pattern data, and then start using the instrument
lengths as offsets into the file to find you sample (much easier just
to use the Amiga to do the work!)

	   Pumpkin Power  :  s892031@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au

tracy@salamandria (Tracy Harton) (06/21/91)

s892031@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Pumpkin Power) writes:

> Get hold of the ProTracker1.1B archive, found on most Amiga sites. It has
> a few text files included which will tell you the module file format and
> other related stuff. If you want to get the samples out of the modules
> the easiest way would be to find an Amiga and just load the modules into
> ProTracker and save out the samples. If you can't do that, you'll have to
> examine the module file format, then try and work out where in the module
> file the sample is. This is a bit more complex, you'll have to skip the
> module header info, the pattern data, and then start using the instrument
> lengths as offsets into the file to find you sample (much easier just
> to use the Amiga to do the work!)

        Or, you can get the IBM "Scream Tracker" and export them
   directly on the IBM..  It can load/edit/save Amiga .MODs just fine.

----
Internet: tracy@salamandria.uucp
Citadel: Tracy Harton @ Salamandria
RelayNet: Tracy Harton -> UTOU