[comp.music] Oliveros writings query

maverick@mahogany.Berkeley.EDU (Vance Maverick) (06/21/91)

Does anyone know whether Pauline Oliveros' writings of the 70's
["Sonic Meditations" and others], issued then by Smith Publications,
are still available?  I called Baltimore information, and there's
nothing listed under that name.  Perhaps someone has reissued them?

	Vance

mgresham@artsnet.UUCP (Mark Gresham) (06/23/91)

In article <1991Jun20.183437.10382@agate.berkeley.edu> maverick@mahogany.Berkeley.EDU (Vance Maverick) writes:
>Does anyone know whether Pauline Oliveros' writings of the 70's
>["Sonic Meditations" and others], issued then by Smith Publications,
>are still available?  I called Baltimore information, and there's
>nothing listed under that name.  Perhaps someone has reissued them?
>
>	Vance

I remember performing "Spiral Mandala" not too many years ago,
published by Smith.  Call the American Music Center in NYC (they
ARE in the phone book; ask for the library and information services
number) and they can tell you how to reach Smith Publications or
otherwise get ahold of these works.

Cheers,

--Mark

Mark Gresham  ARTSNET  Norcross, GA, USA
E-mail:       ...gatech!artsnet!mgresham
or:          artsnet!mgresham@gatech.edu