[comp.os.aos] Request for public domain AOS/VS<->AOS/VS Kermit-type program

kohli@gemed (Jim Kohli) (06/09/90)

Hello,

I have a friend who would like information about software (free,
if possible) which would allow him to tranfer binary files
from one AOS/VS machine to another over a modem, much like
the way KERMIT works.  Does anyone know of such a program?

Any info is much appreciated by myself and by certain
folks at Stanford!

Thanks!

Jim Kohli
GE Medical Systems

mlewis@unocss.unomaha.edu (mlewis) (06/10/90)

From article <2670@mrsvr.UUCP>, by kohli@gemed (Jim Kohli):
<> I have a friend who would like information about software (free,
<> if possible) which would allow him to tranfer binary files
<> from one AOS/VS machine to another over a modem, much like
<> the way KERMIT works.  Does anyone know of such a program?

The NADGUG (North American Data General Users Group) Library has a
full-featured Kermit (PD, of course) as well as a "Shareware" XModem
program.  Check out NADGUG, they can help, but you have to be a member to
get the tape.  I am no longer a member, so I can't help you more than that.
Check with DG about NADGUG, they should know..

Na khuya mne ehto gavno?     |  Internet: cs057@zeus.unomaha.edu
          preferred machine->|  UUCP:     uunet!mcmi!unocss!mlewis

don@mystie.rtp.dg.com (Don Lehman) (06/11/90)

In article <2670@mrsvr.UUCP> kohli@gemed.ge.com (Jim Kohli) writes:

>I have a friend who would like information about software (free,
>if possible) which would allow him to tranfer binary files
>from one AOS/VS machine to another over a modem, much like
>the way KERMIT works.  Does anyone know of such a program?
>Jim Kohli
>GE Medical Systems

Kermit is available from the NADGUG software library. The software
is free for NADGUG members (you supply the tape and postage). I
suggest you find a local NADGUG member and have them check out a
recent issue of Focus.

					Don Lehman
					AOS/VS II Development

meissner@osf.org (Michael Meissner) (06/11/90)

In article <2992@unocss.unomaha.edu> mlewis@unocss.unomaha.edu
(mlewis) writes:

| From article <2670@mrsvr.UUCP>, by kohli@gemed (Jim Kohli):
| <> I have a friend who would like information about software (free,
| <> if possible) which would allow him to tranfer binary files
| <> from one AOS/VS machine to another over a modem, much like
| <> the way KERMIT works.  Does anyone know of such a program?
|

| The NADGUG (North American Data General Users Group) Library has a
| full-featured Kermit (PD, of course) as well as a "Shareware" XModem
| program.  Check out NADGUG, they can help, but you have to be a member to
| get the tape.  I am no longer a member, so I can't help you more than that.
| Check with DG about NADGUG, they should know..

There is also a port of the standard C-Kermit in the general KERMIT
distributation tape done by SAS institute.  The NADGUG kermit is
supposed to be much better.
--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner@osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861
Open Software Foundation, 11 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA

Catproof is an oxymoron, Childproof is nearly so