[comp.os.aos] A command like who or finger

v999rlzk@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Murat Kincak) (11/14/90)

Hi !!!
I want  to check the users who are logged on, at a remote
  DG mainframe. I am using  VMS send/command  command for this.
If you can send me the command for this  I will be very pleased.
The host is a node of BITNET but, not internet.
The only command that I was able to get an answer is
send/command who
the reply was the time and OS version and some more.
Please send replies to
V999RLZK@UBVMS.Bitnet

Thanks in advance.

lewine@cheshirecat.rtp.dg.com (Donald Lewine) (11/14/90)

In article <46007@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v999rlzk@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Murat Kincak) writes:
|> Hi !!!
|> I want  to check the users who are logged on, at a remote
|>   DG mainframe. I am using  VMS send/command  command for this.
|> If you can send me the command for this  I will be very pleased.
|> The host is a node of BITNET but, not internet.
|> The only command that I was able to get an answer is
|> send/command who
|> the reply was the time and OS version and some more.
|> Please send replies to
|> V999RLZK@UBVMS.Bitnet
|>
|> Thanks in advance.

	WHO [!PIDS]

Donald A. Lewine                (508) 870-9008 Voice
Data General Corporation        (508) 366-0750 FAX
4400 Computer Drive. MS D112A
Westboro, MA 01580  U.S.A.

uucp: uunet!dg!lewine   Internet: lewine@cheshirecat.webo.dg.com

wkaufman@oracle.oracle.com (William P. Kaufman) (11/16/90)

In article <1143@dg.dg.com> uunet!dg!lewine writes:
>In article <46007@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v999rlzk@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Murat Kincak) writes:
>|> Hi !!!
>|> I want  to check the users who are logged on, at a remote
>|>   DG mainframe. I am using  VMS send/command  command for this.
>|> If you can send me the command for this  I will be very pleased.
>|> The host is a node of BITNET but, not internet.
>|> The only command that I was able to get an answer is
>|> send/command who
>|> the reply was the time and OS version and some more.
>|> Please send replies to
>|> V999RLZK@UBVMS.Bitnet
>|>
>|> Thanks in advance.
>
>	WHO [!PIDS]

Well, actually, that gets all processes on the local machine, rather than
all _users_ on a _remote_ machine.  To get users, you can say,
	[!SONS OP:EXEC]
There'll be a few bogus ones, like some of OP's daemons; to get rid of those,
you'll have to re-route it to a file and search the file for "CON" (console
process).

To get processes on a remote machine, use
	[!PIDS <machine-name>]
assuming you've got Xodiac and RMA running.  However, any process can be
referred to as <machine-name>:<process-id>, so !PIDS isn't necessary.

So, all together, you want,
	WHO [!SONS <machine-name>:OP:EXEC]

All of this assumes you've got Xodiac and RMA on both the local and remote
machine.  If you don't, I'm afraid you're stuck trying to port UNIX's rwho,
or writing your own.

					-- Bill K.

              "Que es mas macho: pineapple o knife?" -- Laurie Anderson
Bill Kaufman
{...}!{ames,ucbvax}!hplabs!oracle!wkaufman   ...in dire need of disclaimer...

ratazzie@lonex.radc.af.mil (Edward P. Ratazzi) (11/19/90)

In article <46007@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v999rlzk@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>Hi !!!
>I want  to check the users who are logged on, at a remote
>  DG mainframe. I am using  VMS send/command  command for this.
>If you can send me the command for this  I will be very pleased.
>The host is a node of BITNET but, not internet.
>The only command that I was able to get an answer is
>send/command who
>the reply was the time and OS version and some more.
>Please send replies to
>V999RLZK@UBVMS.Bitnet
>
>Thanks in advance.

WHO/1=IG/2=IG [!PIDS]

E. Paul Ratazzi                                |        ratazzi@bugs.radc.af.mil
Microelectronics Reliability Division          |      ratazzie@lonex.radc.af.mil
Rome Air Development Center                    |                  (315) 330-2946
Griffiss AFB NY  13441-5700                    |                    DSN 587-2946