[comp.os.aos] O.S. for IBM RT 6151 model 115

fn@fractal.math.yale.edu (Francois Normant) (06/22/91)

I have an IBM RT 6151 model 115 (advanced Processor Card with 4 MB of fast
memory (sic), 70 MB Extended ESDI Fixed-Disk Drive) + etherned card and
floating point accelerator.

I'm trying to reinstall (from scratch) an operating system.

1) Is AOS4.3 still available, from where, for how much ?

2) Does AIX 2.2.1 fit on a 70 MB disk ?

3) Considering that I want to use this RT only for e-mail and remote login on
other hosts (not computation nor programmming), if I have the choice between AOS
and AIX, which one should I chose ?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks
--
Francois Normant - fn@math.yale.edu
Yale University - Mathematics Department

jba@gorm.ruc.dk (Jan B. Andersen) (06/24/91)

fn@fractal.math.yale.edu (Francois Normant) writes:

>I have an IBM RT 6151 model 115 (advanced Processor Card with 4 MB of fast
>memory (sic), 70 MB Extended ESDI Fixed-Disk Drive) + etherned card and
>floating point accelerator.

>I'm trying to reinstall (from scratch) an operating system.

>1) Is AOS4.3 still available, from where, for how much ?
Don't think so. Latest versions are AOS/VS 7.69 Classic and AOS/VS II 2.10

>2) Does AIX 2.2.1 fit on a 70 MB disk ?
Never heard of it.

>3) Considering that I want to use this RT only for e-mail and remote login on
>other hosts (not computation nor programmming), if I have the choice between AOS
>and AIX, which one should I chose ?

>Any advice would be welcome.

>Thanks
>--
>Francois Normant - fn@math.yale.edu
>Yale University - Mathematics Department
>Box 2155 - Yale Station
>New Haven CT 06520
----
      /|  / Jan B. Andersen                        /^^^\     .----------------.
     / | /  RUC, Hus 19,1     jba@dat.ruc.dk      { o_o }    | SIMULA does it |
    /--|/   Postbox 260       DG-passer@ruc.dk     \ o / --> | with CLASS     |
`--'   '    DK-4000 Roskilde  Postmaster@ruc.dk --mm---mm--  `----------------'

kurt@photon.tamu.edu (Kurt Freiberger) (06/24/91)

I think you have the wrong newsgroup.  this is for the Data General AOS and
AOS/VS operating systems, not IBM.  Sorry.
Cheers.
--
Kurt Freiberger, wb5bbw	  kurt@cs.tamu.edu   409/847-8706
Dept. of Computer Science, Texas A&M University  DoD #264