[comp.sys.zenith] RIP Heathkit

reb@squid.rtech.com ("REB - Tennessee Lamb") (12/13/89)

In article <6798@shlump.nac.dec.com> goldstein@delni.enet.dec.com writes:
>In article <910@unocss..unl.edu>, ho@fergvax.unl.edu (Tiny Bubbles...) writes...
>The sale hasn't gone through yet; the desk clerk at our local Heathkit
>store said it would likely be consummated around the new year.  As
>you may recall, Heathkit is part of ZDS.  So Bull will now be in the
>audio, test, weather, ham radio and miscellaneous equipment business
>too.

If you've been to a Heathkit store lately, you probably noticed how  they have
very  few kits  in stock.   It   is my understanding  that  they are currently
phasing the kit business to be more  of a  mail order business. From what I've
seen, they are also headed  more towards the business  market in the  computer
area.  The stores are pretty empty, and the 'outside sales force' is providing
more  of the bucks.  There's *nothing* to buy! -  well that's as compared to 5
years ago... Who knows what the gnu owners will do...
                                                        reb

                                reb@rtech.com reb%rtech.com@lll-winken.llnl.GOV
                                h:861 Washington Westwood NJ 07675 201-666-9207
I've been warped by the rain,
driven by the snow drunk and dirty don't you know and I'm still willin'...