From: Thom Rounds <TAR@MAINE.BITNET>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: Re: CONDOM FOR RENT IN CHARLOTTE, NC
Date: Sunday, 14 Jan 1990 01:02:18 EST

In article <1780@unccvax.UUCP>, cs00chs@unccvax.UUCP (charles spell) says:

>If you would like to take advantage of a good deal...

    I dunno, it would have to be cheap, because I can buy them right down the
road from my house without a hassle or bankruptcy. They would also have to be
unused. I would hate to 'spread diseases((C)1989 Robert Ward)'.
    By the way, how soon do I have to get them back to you?

>I just got meself a 4 bedroom condom for $69,950. Yes it's true.

    Is that like a general purpose vacuum? Or is it more like 'one size fits
all'?  Can you use it in four bedrooms simultaneously, or only in succession?
And if you paid $69,950 for a rubber, how much does it cost to rent per hour?

>This is not an ad. This is an non-covert sublimital bizarrity. Sumer session
>starts in May...

    No, I don't even want to know...

                                    --Thom

From: Thom Rounds <TAR@MAINE.BITNET>
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: Re: 1.5.0 message
Date: Sunday, 14 Jan 1990 01:34:28 EST

In article <582@loft386.UUCP>, dpi@loft386.UUCP (Doug Ingraham) says:

>I am certain I have #49 but I don't believe it had #49 in the subject line.
>
>Is 1.5.0 posting #49 Message-Id: <4981@ast.cs.vu.nl> ?
>
>I need this information only for completeness as I am preparing
>a set of 1.5.0 postings for distribution on 5 & 1/4 inch diskettes.
>I am in the process of verifying crc's right now and will be ready
>to ship in a few days.  I will make another posting at that time
>telling how many diskettes and the cost.  I think it will fit on 2
>1.2 meg diskettes and maybe only 4 360k's.  I am going to uudecode
>everything but leave the files individually compressed on the tar
>archive.

    Uh, wait a minute, is that *legal*? I highly doubt it... you may want to
check with Prentice-Hell and make sure they don't do anything nasty like sue
you for everything you own and your first-born. I don't think you are allowed
(I'm positive you're *not*) redistribution-for-bucks without A.S.T.'s or
Prentice-Hell's express written consent.
                                     Just trying to be helpful...
                                     --Thom
>--
>Doug Ingraham (SysAdmin)