[comp.sys.zenith] Z-151 Won't Format Floppies

pcolsen@super.ORG (Peter C Olsen) (03/06/90)

I have a ``standard'' Z-151 which will read and write 5-1/4'' floppies
but will no longer format them.  Has anyone else ever seen this problem?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| Peter Olsen                   | ``Engineering is the art of using          |
| pcolsen@super.super.org       |   mathematics and the physical sciences    |
| uunet!super!pcolsen           |   to improve the quality of life.''        |
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

vic@smunews.UUCP (Vic Hill) (03/07/90)

In article <21912@super.ORG> pcolsen@super.UUCP (Peter C Olsen) writes:

>I have a ``standard'' Z-151 which will read and write 5-1/4'' floppies
>but will no longer format them.  Has anyone else ever seen this problem?
>Does anyone have any suggestions?

	I used to have one of those.  I never had that problem with my old
machine, but it sounds like you've either got a problem (loose or bad)
controller card or you are running a buggy version of DOS.  What DOS are
you running anyway?  That would help any diagnosis I could give.

	Just so you know, I'm not a technical guru with Zeniths, I'm only
an operations person.  I can remember the good old days of H/Z 89s.

	If all else fails, hit it with a nerf bat a few times.

  Vic

--
"God must hate me, that's what it is." - Murtaugh| The opinions expressed
"Hate him back.  Works for me." - Riggs          | here are expressly mine.