[comp.sys.zenith] Redirecting TurboSport video

djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) (03/19/90)

I'm trying to help out a Zenith TurboSport 386 owner over the phone, and
I'd appreciate any help I can get on one of his questions.  He owns a 12
MHz TurboSport with 40 MB hard disk, a 3.5 inch floppy and VGA video, and
runs an external EGA monitor out the back using a "pigtail" cable, which
sounds like a simple 9 pin-to-15 pin adapter.  Video is shunted to the
external monitor with the sequence '<Fn><F10>', where '<Fn>' is a specially
labelled key on the TurboSport keyboard.  Now he'd like to use a replacment
101-key keyboard for desktop use.  It works fine except that he no longer
has a <Fn> key.

Question: How does he redirect the video out the back port using a standard
101-key keyboard?  I had him try MODE CO80, apparently without success.

I appreciate any leads or advice you can offer!

"Moby" Dick O'Connor                            ** The only difference between
Washington Department of Fisheries              ** a lazy man on a riverbank
Olympia, Washington  98504                      ** and a fisherman is a pole
Internet Mail: djo7613@blake.u.washington.edu   ** and a length of string.

easton@zds-oem.UUCP (Jeff Easton) (03/26/90)

In article <6298@blake.acs.washington.edu>, djo7613@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dick O'Connor) writes:
> I'm trying to help out a Zenith TurboSport 386 owner over the phone, and
> I'd appreciate any help I can get on one of his questions.  He owns a 12
> MHz TurboSport with 40 MB hard disk, a 3.5 inch floppy and VGA video, and
> runs an external EGA monitor out the back using a "pigtail" cable, which
> sounds like a simple 9 pin-to-15 pin adapter.  Video is shunted to the
> external monitor with the sequence '<Fn><F10>', where '<Fn>' is a specially
> labelled key on the TurboSport keyboard.  Now he'd like to use a replacment
> 101-key keyboard for desktop use.  It works fine except that he no longer
> has a <Fn> key.
>
> Question: How does he redirect the video out the back port using a standard
> 101-key keyboard?  I had him try MODE CO80, apparently without success.

  Have him try to set the "Video" field in the Setup Screen.  On the
SuperSport I have handy you can select from "Internal LCD" to Internal CRT"
which will keep the LCD display off all the time.  Let me know of this
works,  I'll check a TurboSport when I get back to work.

> "Moby" Dick O'Connor                            ** The only difference between
	Jeff Easton			Zenith Data Systems
	Systems Engineer		OEM Engineering
	easton@andrews.edu     --or--
	easton@zds-oem.zds.com