[comp.sys.zenith] question about 3.5 and 5.25 disk drives

MICHELBI@oregon.uoregon.edu (Michel Biedermann) (04/14/90)

In article <2625F3DA.74F5@deimos.cis.ksu.edu>, fong@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Eric Fong) writes:
> I have a 248/12 model with a 3.5 disk drive as the A drive and 5.25 as
> the B drive, is there a simple to switch the disk assignment (i.e. change
> the 5.25 drive to A drive)?  Since I have to load MINIX OS on it, and

While you can't truly switch disk drive assignments, probably the easiest
solution to your problem is to use ASSIGN X Y, where X while be assigned or
addressed as drive Y.  In your case, you will want to ASSIGN B A.  From now
on (until you correct this) every time you will try to access drive A, the
light on your drive B will come on.

I hope this helps...

Michel Biedermann	michelbi@oregon.uoregon.edu
U. of Oregon
Zenith Student Rep.

cchin@weber.ucsd.edu (Chet Chin) (04/14/90)

In article <2625F3DA.74F5@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> fong@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Eric Fong) writes:
>I have a 248/12 model with a 3.5 disk drive as the A drive and 5.25 as
>the B drive, is there a simple to switch the disk assignment (i.e. change
>the 5.25 drive to A drive)?  Since I have to load MINIX OS on it, and
>it only recognize A drive and I only have 5.25 version of it. So it causes
>a problem to me.

Why don't you make a 3.5" working copy of your MINIX OS from your 5.25"
version, and use it in your A drive?  That way, you won't have to mess with
the disk assignment.

Just putting in my two cents' worth...

Chet Chin
UC San Diego

fong@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu (Eric Fong) (04/14/90)

Thank you for all the answers for this question.

--Eric