[comp.sys.zenith] Getting ZCACHE.SYS to use EMM

huntley@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Haydn Huntley) (05/04/90)

I'm using a Zenith SuperSport 286 with MS-DOS version 3.30 and I have
been able to get the EMS 4.0 Driver, Version 3.30.14 to work, but I
have *not* been able to figure out how the get ZCACHE.SYS to use the
256K of EMS meory that I now have available.  Part of the problem is
that I don't have my Zenith manuals with me!

Can some kind soul send an email message stating what I need to add to
my CONFIG.SYS file?

Thanks!

--Haydn

*  Haydn Huntley    huntley@silver.ucs.indiana.edu  *

bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu (05/07/90)

In article <44029@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, huntley@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Haydn Huntley) writes:
> I'm using a Zenith SuperSport 286 with MS-DOS version 3.30 and I have
> been able to get the EMS 4.0 Driver, Version 3.30.14 to work, but I
> have *not* been able to figure out how the get ZCACHE.SYS to use the
> 256K of EMS meory that I now have available.  Part of the problem is
> that I don't have my Zenith manuals with me!
>
> Can some kind soul send an email message stating what I need to add to
> my CONFIG.SYS file?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Haydn

> *  Haydn Huntley    huntley@silver.ucs.indiana.edu  *

DEVICE=ZCACHE.SYS 512 /a

the 512 is whatever size cache you want
the /a means use EMS memory
to use extended (not expanded EMS) use /e instead of /a

Mike Benedik
benedik@uh.edu