[comp.sys.zenith] Zenith Laptop computer for sale - MiniSport w/modem

dcaffey@hydra.unm.edu (Dom Caffey CIRT-APSYS) (07/18/90)

FOR SALE:

Zenith Laptop computer:

Used less than 2 weeks,

MINISPORT, 80C88 SYSTEM

80C88 processor 8/4.77MHz; 1Mbyte RAM with 640K byte standard
dynamic RAM and 360K byte for EMS or battery-backed for silicon
disk use; 720K byte 2" MiniDisk floppy disk drive; 9.5" diagonal
DayBright screen with 180 degree tilt and seperate brightness and
contrast controls; 25 lines X 80 characters/640 X 200 CGA-
compatible; 9-pin serial port and 25-pin parallel printer port,
RGBi out, external floppy drive interface.  Other standard
features include:  real-time clock and calender in ROM, 80-key
keyboard with 101/102 keyboard compatibility, a 10.8WHr removable
and rechargeable NiCad battery pack, external autosensing 110/220
VAC, 60/50 Hz adapter/charger, 1200 baud Hayes modem with RJ-11
connector, Rupp Corporation FastLynx LX and MS-DOS in ROM, plus
three headed data transfer cable.  This computer has a 1 year
transferable warranty, I got it a week ago and haven't filled out
any of the warranty cards.  Also includes "Technical" reference
manual, 30 new 2-inch disks & a slipcover.

Cost = $1200.00.

Shipping terms:  UPS-COD, and we split shipping costs.

Contact: Dominic Caffey in New Mexico @ 505-889-0446 between 8pm
     & 11pm OR send email to "dcaffey@hydra.unm.edu".  Serious
     inquires only please.

--
+-------------------------------+
| Dominic Caffey,               |

pollack@dendrite.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jordan B Pollack) (07/24/90)

 >>From pollack@cis.ohio-state.edu Wed Jul 18 09:10:29 1990
 >>To: dcaffey@hydra.unm.edu (Dom Caffey CIRT-APSYS)
 >>Subject: Zenith Laptop computer for sale - MiniSport w/modem
 >>
 >>why not return it to the dealer? was it final sale?
 >>
 >>jordan
 >>

 >From: Dom Caffey CIRT-APSYS <dcaffey%hydra.unm.edu@ariel.unm.edu>
 >Date: Sat, 21 Jul 90 21:42:38 MDT
 >To: pollack@cis.ohio-state.edu
 >Subject: Re:  Zenith Laptop computer for sale - MiniSport w/modem
 >
 >Mr. Jordan,
 >	If you were an intelligent individual, you would have read the
 >part of the posting about serious inquiries only.  If I had had the option
 >of returning the machines, I would have done so.  Think before you act and
 >you will be much more successful in life.  Don't waste network bandwidth
 >sending messages of no consequence.
 >
 >Mr. Caffey

What can I say? I hope nobody bought the turkey from this jackass.

jordan