[comp.sys.zenith] Kermit 3.01 does not work on my Z-100 machines

bezenek@plains.NoDak.edu (Todd M. Bezenek KO0N) (08/17/90)

I have an acquaintance who has a bunch of Zenith Z-100's.  He is
trying to get Kermit to run on them.  It runs fine on his Z-2??'s,
but locks up on the Z-100's.

     If you have any experience with this problem, please send me
a message with a summary of what you have found.

Thank you bunches and bunches,

Todd
--
Todd Michael Bezenek                  Internet:  bezenek@plains.nodak.edu
Amateur Radio Station KO0N            UUCP:      uunet!plains!bezenek

mwprange@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Manfred W. Prange) (08/21/90)

You need the Z-100 version of Kermit. The Z-100 is not "PC"
compatible. If you have trouble obtaining it send me e-mail
at (fred@cetus.mi.org). -MWP

koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil (Walter A. Koziarz) (08/21/90)

In article <2653@vela.acs.oakland.edu> mwprange@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Manfred W. Prange) writes:
>You need the Z-100 version of Kermit. The Z-100 is not "PC"
>compatible.

Version 2.32 is (I *believe*) the most current Z-100 kermit version around.
The second sentence is reversed -- it should state that the "PC" is not Z-100
compatible :-)

Walt K.

querubin@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Antonio Querubin) (08/23/90)

In article <2695@nosc.NOSC.MIL> koziarz@halibut.nosc.mil.UUCP (Walter A. Koziarz) writes:
>In article <2653@vela.acs.oakland.edu> mwprange@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Manfred W. Prange) writes:
>>You need the Z-100 version of Kermit. The Z-100 is not "PC"
>>compatible.
>
>Version 2.32 is (I *believe*) the most current Z-100 kermit version around.

Version 3.00 for the Z-100 was announced about  a month ago and I vaguely
recall FTPing a copy for a friend about that time.  You should find it on
kermit.columbia.edu in the 'test' directory if memory serves me.  It'll look
like msvz10.exe or mstz10.exe (look for the 'z10' in the first part of the
filename).