[comp.sys.zenith] question about Z-549 video card

fong@ksuvax1 (Eric Fong) (09/10/90)

Hi,
	I have a Z248/12 with a z1492 monitor, I read the owner's manual
and found an interesting remark: in the specification it says the video
memory has 256K video RAM standard and provision for an additional 256K.
So I went through the installation guide for the Z549 card and not a word
mentioning this upgrading capability.  I am quite puzzled.  Is it
possible to upgrade the video card to 512K?  If so, how?  Otherwise,
I guess it is just a misleading line in the owner's manual then.
Thanks.

--Eric Fong-- (fong@ksuvax1.cis.ksu.edu)

price@mandala.unl.edu (Chad Price) (09/13/90)

In <1990Sep10.042124.17392@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> fong@ksuvax1 (Eric Fong) writes:

>mentioning this upgrading capability.  I am quite puzzled.  Is it
>possible to upgrade the video card to 512K?  If so, how?  Otherwise,

In my experience Zenith manuals often mislead. I wold try the direct
method - look at the card. If it has empty sockets (memory style - at
least 8 for 64K chips) then it can be upgraded.

Chad Price
price@fergvax.nl.edu