[comp.sys.zenith] Zenith 286 - Lotus 3.0 conflict???

cs422120@umbc5.umbc.edu (09/14/90)

   Hello,
I have a Zenith 286 desktop that came with 1M of RAM.  Now I tried to run
Lotus 3.0 on it with no success.  There seems to be a conflict with the
way Lotus maps 128K above 640K and below 1M and the way Zenith uses "slushware".  I can add 2 more megs, but I want to want to know if there is a way to
either disable "slushware" or shadowing, or remap the location Lotus uses.
If anyone had a similar problem, please let me know; any ideas will be
appreciated.

Regards,

Tarkan

cs422120@umbc5.umbc.edu

price@chakra.unl.edu (Chad Price) (09/17/90)

In <3918@umbc3.UMBC.EDU> cs422120@umbc5.umbc.edu writes:

>I have a Zenith 286 desktop that came with 1M of RAM.  Now I tried to run
>Lotus 3.0 on it with no success.  There seems to be a conflict with the
>way Lotus maps 128K above 640K and below 1M and the way Zenith uses "slushware".  I can add 2 more megs, but I want to want to know if there is a way to
>either disable "slushware" or shadowing, or remap the location Lotus uses.
>If anyone had a similar problem, please let me know; any ideas will be
>appreciated.

I have a Z-386, and the slushware CANNOT be remapped or disabled. You
are correct  that the problem is the slushware, but to the best of my
knowledge there is no cure other than another brand of computer.
This is another of Zenith's "features".

	Chad Price
	price@fergvax.unl.edu