[comp.sys.zenith] WordPerfect 5.1 and a ZF-151

rhodes@unccvax.uncc.edu (Terry Rhodes) (10/24/90)

I have 2 people trying to use WordPerfect5.1 on a ZF-151 chassis. When they
start up WP they get a divide overflow error from the PC.

Our software people contacted WP and they said that Zenith had issued a
program called "FIXBIOS" that would correct this problem.

Does anyone know of this program and if so where might one find this program.

Any help will be appreciated.

Terry Rhodes
UNCC

RMC@psuvm.psu.edu (Ron Crandall) (10/25/90)

There is a program by that name included with WordPerfect 5.1 distribution
diskettes.
Just Because I'm Paranoid            Ron Crandall
Doesn't Mean the World's             PSU Office of Telecommunications
Really Not Against Me...             RMC@PSUVM.PSU.EDU    (Internet)
                                     RMC@PSUVM.bitnet     (Bitnet)

labach@herald.usask.ca (Terry Labach) (10/28/90)

Bumper Sticker: "My other machine runs GNU Emacs"

In article <2884@unccvax.uncc.edu> rhodes@unccvax.uncc.edu (Terry Rhodes) writes:
>I have 2 people trying to use WordPerfect5.1 on a ZF-151 chassis. When they
>start up WP they get a divide overflow error from the PC.
>
>Our software people contacted WP and they said that Zenith had issued a
>program called "FIXBIOS" that would correct this problem.
>
>Does anyone know of this program and if so where might one find this program.

I think either WP Support has suffered a memory loss or your software
people have a hearing problem.  WordPerfect 5.1 _includes_ the
FIXBIOS.COM program - see Appendix Q of the WP 5.1 manual (WordPerfect
Files).  It is a utility file, though, so it may not have been
installed when WP 5.1 was installed on the machines.  Check your WP
utility directory (whatever it was defined as) to see if its present.
If not, run INSTALL again, it should give you the option of installing
the utilities.

Run FIXBIOS from your AUTOEXEC.BAT and you shouldn't ahve any more problems
with WP.  I have a ZF-151 and find that the WP FIXBIOS works like a
charm.  (nice little machines, aren't they?)

Terry
Terry Labach                     "Unix is a set of knives.  VMS is a food
BITNET:labach@sask                 processor." - Felix Lee
Internet:labach@sask.usask.ca    "VMS is a club, which is a *kind* of food
			           processor, I suppose." -Michael Allen