[comp.sys.zenith] 20 Meg drives in Z286LP

easton@edmund.cs.andrews.edu (Jeff Easton) (01/29/91)

In Article <L5RFw1w161w@nstar.rn.com> rocco@nstar.rn.com (Rocco Calderone) writes:

>> Hard disk drive type for the 20meg is # 6.
>>

>Actually most of the 20Megers are drive type 2. The IDE conner drive they use
>in the 286LP is a type 6.  The seagates ST225 ( by far the most common) is
>a type 2.  The ols Tandon TM-262 is type 2. The old Miniscribe 8425 is a
>drive type 34.

>Check your facts before you post!

  Bzzt! Wrong answer!

  The original poster wanted to know what the drive type was for his
20 Meg drive in his Z286LP.  Now, unless somebody changed the chassis
when I wasnt looking, the Z286LP only accepts 3.5" drives.  It would
be kinda tough to fit those 5.25" drives that you listed above into
this particular computer.

  So the original reply was correct.  The Conner CP322 or CP3022 as
as used in the Z286LP uses drive type 6.

--
	Jeff Easton			Zenith Data Systems
	Systems Engineer		OEM Engineering

rocco@nstar.rn.com (Rocco Calderone) (01/29/91)

easton@edmund.cs.andrews.edu (Jeff Easton) writes:

> In Article <L5RFw1w161w@nstar.rn.com> rocco@nstar.rn.com (Rocco Calderone) wr
> >>
> >> Hard disk drive type for the 20meg is # 6.
> >>

> >Actually most of the 20Megers are drive type 2. The IDE conner drive they us
> >in the 286LP is a type 6.  The seagates ST225 ( by far the most common) is
> >a type 2.  The ols Tandon TM-262 is type 2. The old Miniscribe 8425 is a
> >drive type 34.
>
> >Check your facts before you post!
>

>   Bzzt! Wrong answer!
>
>   The original poster wanted to know what the drive type was for his
> 20 Meg drive in his Z286LP.  Now, unless somebody changed the chassis
> when I wasnt looking, the Z286LP only accepts 3.5" drives.  It would
> be kinda tough to fit those 5.25" drives that you listed above into
> this particular computer.
>
>   So the original reply was correct.  The Conner CP322 or CP3022 as
> as used in the Z286LP uses drive type 6.
>

> >    Kent Phelps         | Internet:   kent@wasp.eng.ufl.edu
>

> --
> 	Jeff Easton			Zenith Data Systems
> 	Systems Engineer		OEM Engineering
> 	easton@andrews.edu
> 	Witty Quote:  I break for Otters

 Kent, are you repeating what I said?

--
internet: rocco@nstar.rn.com -or- rocco%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
uucp:     ..!uunet!nstar.rn.com!rocco -or- ..!uunet!nstar!rocco