[comp.sys.zenith] 386/20 and 386/33E lockup

MEACHT@meena.cc.uregina.ca (05/07/91)

 According to a recent Zenith bulletin, this problem could be because of
the keyboard. Apparently, the system will go through the boot process then
waits for the password. They say that this problem occurs with keyboard
part number 163-0073-00. It should be replaced with part number 163-0073-01.
It should be covered under warranty.

 I have not yet seen this problem, so let me know if it works.

Terry Meachem
Computing Services
University of Regina

spike@wasp.eng.ufl.edu (Spike) (05/08/91)

In article <7C26A0AE6F1F40645F@Meena.CC.URegina.CA> MEACHT@meena.cc.uregina.ca writes:
> According to a recent Zenith bulletin, this problem could be because of
>the keyboard. Apparently, the system will go through the boot process then
>waits for the password. They say that this problem occurs with keyboard
>part number 163-0073-00. It should be replaced with part number 163-0073-01.
>It should be covered under warranty.
>
> I have not yet seen this problem, so let me know if it works.

   Terry, the keyboard didn't make a difference. It is a I/O Problem
   That I have confirmed on several occasions. As far as I know there
   is no documantation from Zenith on the problem, I've looked though
   all of my FSB's and haven't seen anything on it.
   Somebody suggested that "no prompt" was selected in the setup, it isn't
   and the problem is confirmed intermittent.

   Keep in touch

   Ken Gage Caretaker of Zenith Heaven, University of Florida.

bjstaff@zds-ux.UUCP (Brad Staff) (05/10/91)

spike@wasp.eng.ufl.edu (Spike) writes:
>    Terry, the keyboard didn't make a difference. It is a I/O Problem
>    That I have confirmed on several occasions. As far as I know there
>    is no documantation from Zenith on the problem, I've looked though
>    all of my FSB's and haven't seen anything on it.
>    Somebody suggested that "no prompt" was selected in the setup, it isn't
>    and the problem is confirmed intermittent.

I just spoke with the new manager of our TRC (Technical Support Center).
He wants to solve your problem, but he wants to do it through the proper
channels.  If the proper channels are broken, he wants to fix them.

His initial reading was that this was indeed the keyboard problem, but
agreed that your problem might be one they don't know about.  He asked
me to ask you to call Customer Support at 1-800-777-4630.  If Customer
Support can't help you, please contact me, and I'll pass your comments
on to the TRC.

Hope this helps,

| Brad Staff                             616-982-5791 (phone)     |
| Zenith Data Systems                    616-982-5690 (fax)       |
| 150 Hilltop Road                       bjstaff@zds-ux.zds.com   |
| St. Joseph, MI 49085                   ...!uunet!zds-ux!bjstaff |