[comp.sys.zenith] Zenith '286 DOS question: Changing environment space.

mcglk@cpac.washington.edu (Ken McGlothlen) (05/10/91)

Once again, the occasional quirkiness of the Zenith software strikes.  I need
to define just a couple more eensy-weensy environment variables, and I've got
the deadly "Out of environment space" message.  And yet, when I use the
standard MS-DOS way of changing that environment space, it don't work.  How
*does* one tell the Zenith to (say) allocate 4K for the environment space?

				---Ken McGlothlen
				   mcglk@cpac.washington.edu
				   mcglk@cpac.bitnet

pitonyak@mostaccioli.cis.ohio-state.edu (Andrew Pitonyak) (05/11/91)

In article <MCGLK.91May9191425@bailey.cpac.washington.edu> mcglk@cpac.washington.edu (Ken McGlothlen) writes:

>Once again, the occasional quirkiness of the Zenith software strikes.  I need
>to define just a couple more eensy-weensy environment variables, and I've got
>the deadly "Out of environment space" message.  And yet, when I use the
>standard MS-DOS way of changing that environment space, it don't work.  How
>*does* one tell the Zenith to (say) allocate 4K for the environment space?

I don't believe that this is anything but standard DOS but this works on
my Zenith with dos 4.01

SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /P /E:1024

In my config.sys file does the trick.  You can change the 1024 to
however much space you want to allocate.  Hope this helps.

Andy