[comp.sys.zenith] IDE drive on 386-16???

bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu (05/15/91)

I have a Zenith 386/16 with the 72 Mb MFM hard disk. I am thinking about
getting a bigger and fast hard drive and want to know if anyone has
experience putting an IDE drive into such a machine? Any brand
recommendations? I need about 120-200Mb and want good speed but does not
have to be blazingly fast since machine is not a server.

Mike benedik
dept. biochemistry
univ. houston
benedik@uh.edu

rocco@nstar.rn.com (Rocco Calderone) (05/16/91)

bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu writes:

> I have a Zenith 386/16 with the 72 Mb MFM hard disk. I am thinking about
> getting a bigger and fast hard drive and want to know if anyone has
> experience putting an IDE drive into such a machine? Any brand
> recommendations? I need about 120-200Mb and want good speed but does not
> have to be blazingly fast since machine is not a server.
>
> Mike benedik
> dept. biochemistry
> univ. houston
> benedik@uh.edu

  If your 386 is setup with the  ROM chip set, you can easely repalce
 the HD controller with an ES controller and HD,

--
Rocco Calderone       NSTAR conferencing site       219-289-0287/317-251-7391
internet: rocco@nstar.rn.com              1300 newsgroups - 8 inbound lines