[comp.sys.zenith] Help needed reading H89 floppies containing COBOL-80

orville@weyrich.UUCP (06/01/91)

I posted the following to comp.os.cpm:

> help! I have 5 Single Sided Single Density Hard Sector 40 track 5 1/4"
> floppy disks that work with a Heathkit/Zenith H-89/Z-89 computer.
>
> I need to transfer the contents of these disks to either Morrow MD-11
> readable 5 1/4" disks (ideally DS/DD 360K), IBM-PC format (360K or 1.2M), or
> any CP/M format that is readable by Media-Master (i.e., just about any
> soft-sector format).
>
> Is  there someone out in net-land that has the equipment to do this for me
> (for suitable compensation)?
>
> Alternatively, does someone have a copy of the Microsoft COBOL-80 CP/M
> compiler that they could give me a copy of on some soft-sector 5 1/4"
> media? [There should be no licensing problem, since I have the distribution
> disks in hard-sector format and the manual; I just can't read the disks].
>
> Please respond via e-mail, as comp.os.cpm is not in my news feed.

I got the reply (Thanks!):

> From: Michael A. Patton <uunet!lcs.mit.edu!MAP>
> Sender: uunet!gaak.LCS.MIT.EDU!map
>
> You might also try contacting the Heath-People mailing list.  This is
> a list for discussion of all the Heath Data Systems product line and a
> lot of the people on that list have H89s.  One of them may be able to
> do the interchange you want or upload your data to somewhere that you
> can get it from.  All you really need is a machine of each type with a
> serial interface, then run kermit or xmodem (overnight, maybe :-) to
> move the bits...

Please respond to the account below, as I am not on the Heath-People mailing
list.

Thanks,

	uunet!weyrich!orville

	orville%weyrich@uunet.uu.net

Orville R. Weyrich, Jr., Ph.D.                   Certified Systems Professional
Internet: orville%weyrich@uunet.uu.net             Weyrich Computer Consulting
Voice:    (602) 391-0821                         POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
Fax:      (602) 391-0023                              (Yes! I'm available)