[comp.sys.zenith] Quarterdeck products

zap@oak.circa.ufl.edu (Zap) (06/13/91)

I own a 386-20 and I have tried to run Desqview/X on this machine.  When I run
it though, it crashes hard.  When the regular desqview is run, the machine
starts spitting out bios info and locks up.  Does anyone run desqview on a
zenith 386 and/or have any trouble with it.

Tom Grein
Zap@circa.maple.ufl.edu

bchs1b@JANE.UH.EDU (Michael Benedik) (06/14/91)

In article <0094A0FC.CE7EDB40@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU>, zap@oak.circa.ufl.edu (Zap) writes:
>I own a 386-20 and I have tried to run Desqview/X on this machine.  When I run
>it though, it crashes hard.  When the regular desqview is run, the machine
>starts spitting out bios info and locks up.  Does anyone run desqview on a
>zenith 386 and/or have any trouble with it.
>
>Tom Grein
>Zap@circa.maple.ufl.edu

I run both QEMM and deskview (not /X) on a zenith 386-16 with no problems.
Had to spend some time configuring qemm to avoid memory conflicts, but
never had any problems with DV. What memory manager are you running if any?
I suspect you have conflicts there. Does you machine copy the bios into
ram and that causing you problems???

mike benedik
university of houston
benedik@uh.edu

	 Michael Benedik
	 Department of Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences
	 University of Houston
	 INTERNET: Benedik@UH.EDU	BITNET: Benedik@UHOU