[comp.ivideodisc] New and Significant Subjects Requested

UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) (01/13/88)

I would like to suggest to people here that we should chose newer and also
more significant subjects for the postings here. By that I mean rather than
using 'Re: CD (roms) question' for virtually EVERY recent posting in this
newsgroup that we should include in the subject something that is more specific
and to the point, like 'Megabyte Capacities for CD-ROMs'. I haven't posted here
before but I do read here quite often, as do many others I suspect, and
would like to see a more active interest taken in the naming of the articles
that are posted here. And also I'd like to request/suggest that the 'Re:'
prefix be used less often and only when following up directly to the
the subject matter indicated by the original subject. Sure threads are
nice but they wear thin quite often and quite rapidly lose their
effectiveness.

I only suggest these things with the desire to improve the quality of this
newsgroup. I realize these are only my itsy-bitsy opinions.

OK now I'll shut up.           -Eric.
-------
ERIC H. ROMO
<UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET>
CHEMISTRY DEPT. UNIV. OF NORTH DAKOTA
GRAND FORKS, N.D.

mark@cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS (Mark Quattrocchi) (01/15/88)

In article <507UD069225@NDSUVM1> UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) writes:
>I would like to suggest to people here that we should chose newer and also
>more significant subjects for the postings here. By that I mean rather than
>using 'Re: CD (roms) question' for virtually EVERY recent posting in this
>newsgroup that we should include in the subject something that is more specific
>and to the point, like 'Megabyte Capacities for CD-ROMs'. I haven't posted here
>before but I do read here quite often, as do many others I suspect, and
>would like to see a more active interest taken in the naming of the articles
>that are posted here.
>
>OK now I'll shut up.           -Eric.

I agree, anybody want to buy a Dragon's Lair or Space Ace arcade game.
Now thats what I call interactive video disc technology :-)